Thursday, October 14, 2010

Joy and Whoopi Walk Out On Bill O'Reilly

Bill gets it completely wrong on The View, prompting Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg to walk off stage.

He runs the usual line that: "Muslims killed us on 9/11" therefore Muslims cannot build a mosque near Ground Zero.

In fact, Muslims did not kill us on 9/11. I did not kill us on 9/11. I was coding software that day. My mom did not kill us on 9/11. She was shopping that day. My nephew did not kill us on 9/11. He was cozying up in a uterus that day.

Al Qaeda killed "us." That's right I, my mom, my nephew, and my fellow American Muslims are part of the "us" Bill is referring to - and yet today, American Muslims supposedly can't build near Ground Zero but other "types" of Americans absolutely can.

Do you think America is a society that advocates for first and second rate citizenship depending on race or faith or whatever else? Worse yet, advocates for that type of society claim that this needs to be done out of "sensitivity"? You see something obscenely wrong here?

No comments: